The Best of Ancient Rome in a Day - Colosseum Walking Tour around the Roman Forum and Campidoglio
Explore one of the most remarkable places to visit in Rome – the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Our expert guide will take you on an historical sightseeing tour through the vast archaeological site where in 735 B.C., Ancient Rome was born. And you can skip the line with our Priority Access - allowing you more time to enjoy Rome.
For a truly memorable experience that is wait-free and hassle-free, you will relive history as our guides bring the stories of this lost civilization back to life. Our Colosseum tour is the perfect way to see Rome in a day.
- The picturesque sightseeing tour begins with a visit to the most impressive monument of Ancient Rome - the Colosseum. Originally known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, it remains the largest amphitheater in the world. A symbol of the Eternal City, the Colosseum inspires and awes, affirming the greatness and splendor of Ancient Rome.
- The next stop is the Roman Forum, a valley which rests between the Palatine Hill and Capitoline Hill. The Forum signified the political, religious and commercial center of the city and it is here, lying between glorious temples and arches that Julius Caesar’s body lays in an altar which can still be visited today. A must-see in Rome.
- Our guide leads you from the forum to the Campidoglio, sharing some fascinating history and secrets that will entertain you along the way. Our city sightseeing tour ends on a terrace with extraordinary views overlooking the entire ancient valley. An unforgettable image that will surely be amongst your most treasured memories of Rome.
- Skip the line with our Priority Access
- Admission for an internal visit of the Colosseum
- Expert tour guide
- Maximum 25 per group
Your meeting point is the green kiosk just outside of the ground floor of the Metro station (COLOSSEO stop on Line B). There, you will be greeted by an Enjoy Rome staff member holding an Enjoy Rome sign.
Please arrive 25 minutes before the start of your tour to check-in with a member of our staff.
Please note – the meeting point is outside of our office. And for security reasons, we are not able to store any personal belongings at our office - so please plan accordingly.
Our tour ends outside Campidoglio on a beautiful terrace with extraordinary views of Rome.
This is a 3-hour walking tour so make sure you wear comfortable shoes!
The Colosseum has strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most attractions (and no bag check) it is forbidden to bring the following:
- Weapons and blunt objects (knives, long umbrellas, etc.)
- Glass bottles, aerosol sprays, and alcohol
- Bicycles, skates, and segways
- Luggage or large bags
Strollers are permitted.
If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc.), please contact us in advance. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Private tours are available to meet these needs, on request.
Free cancellation if you call within 48 hours of your tour.