Essential Vatican Tour – Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica
The most beloved place to visit in Rome, our complete Vatican tour includes – the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica. All of the must-see destinations when visiting Vatican City.
And you can skip the line with our Priority Access, allowing you more time to enjoy your Vatican visit.
- This essential Vatican City tour in Rome begins with a visit to the Vatican Museums- one of the main destinations and top things to do in Rome. And with our Priority Access you will skip the line, allowing you more time to discover great works of art by Michelangelo and Raphael.
- Explore works of art in the Pio-Clementino Museum and travel through the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Maps. At 75 meters long, the Gallery of the Tapestries is named after the elaborate Flemish tapestries that drape its walls. The Gallery of the Maps, painted between 1580 and 1585, takes its name from the 40 maps frescoed on the walls, representing each of the Italian regions and papal properties at the time of Pope Gregory XIII.
- Our sightseeing Vatican visit continues to one of the most revered places to see in Rome – and the world – the Sistine Chapel. An absolute must-see in Rome, our guide will walk you through amazing works of art including Michelangelo’s The Last Judgement – the largest fresco ever painted by one man. As you explore the endless wonders, our guide will tell you the stories behind these famous masterpieces on this breathtaking Sistine Chapel tour.
- The last stop on this walking tour of Vatican City is St. Peter’s Basilica- without having to leave the museums with our Priority Access. The most renown work of Renaissance architecture and one of the largest churches in the world, a visit to St. Peter’s Basilica is essential to your Rome itinerary. Covering the most significant and spiritual destinations in the world, this Vatican City tour in Rome is an experience you will cherish for a lifetime.
- Skip the line with our Priority Access
- Expert tour guide
- Small group (25 people or fewer)
Your meeting point is at the Enjoy Rome office – located on Via Germanico 8, at the corner of Via Leone IV (take Metro OTTAVIANO stop on Line A). Please arrive 25 minutes before the start of your tour to check-in with a member of our staff.
Please note- the meeting point is inside of our office. But for security reasons, we are not able to store any personal belongings at our office – so please plan accordingly.
Our tour ends with on the steps of St. Peter’s Square, surrounded by the beautiful white columns and Bernini’s fountains.
Please note- the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica maintains a strict dress code year-round. All visitors must have their shoulders covered and pants/skirts must come to the knew. And make sure to wear comfortable shoes!
The Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica has strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most attractions it is forbidden to bring the following:
- Weapons and blunt objects (knives, long umbrellas, etc.)
- Glass bottles, aerosol sprays, and alcohol
- Bicycles, skates, and segways
Large bags and selfie sticks are not allowed in the Vatican. There is a free Vatican cloakroom service once you have gone through the metal detectors. But please keep in mind that there is no bag check at St. Peter’s Basilica. Strollers are permitted.
If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc.), please contact us in advance. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Private tours are available to meet these needs, on request.
Free cancellation if you call within 48 hours of your tour.