A Taste of Rome Food Tour and Wine Tasting
Looking for the best things to do in Rome? Our expert guide will take you on a 4-hour Rome food tour in the heart of the historic center – from Campo de’ Fiori towards Trastevere - to taste the best, local Italian cuisine. We’ll stop at local eateries that produce only the highest quality, traditional foods and an excellent selection of Italian wines, before heading to a cozy Roman trattoria for a locally-sourced and mouth-watering supper. An essential part of your Rome itinerary. So come hungry!
- Our Rome food tour begins in one of the most vibrant and dynamic squares in Rome- Campo de’ Fiori. Among bustling cafés and street musicians you meet your guide just in time for a traditional Italian aperitivo - where you will be introduced to a wonderful selection of artisanal cured meats (so superior that they are PGI protected) accompanied by the finest Italian wines.
- As you stroll around Campo de’ Fiori, your guide reveal the unique and wonderful history of the area before tasting the next culinary delight – cheese. The historic shop on this Roman food tour contains only PGI- protected cheeses of various Italian origins complemented by a carefully selected wine.
- The next stop on this food tour of Rome will be to taste the famous Roman specialty - ‘baccalà fritto’ (lightly fried fish).
- Your immersion into the local cuisine continues with a sampling of two other typical Roman foods. A fundamental part of your itinerary and perhaps one of the most important things to do in Rome, you will experience pizza by the slice or “pizza taglio”.
- Your next sampling on this Rome food tour around Trastevere is at another eatery that specializes in the scrumptious Italian treat – “suppli”. New flavors that will surely please your palate and satisfy your appetite.
- After a walk to help you digest a little, you will be ready for supper in one of the coziest restaurants in Trastevere. Known for the quality of its food, this quarter is considered to have the best dining options in Rome. Here you will be offered an exquisite Roman antipasto and two first courses, accompanied by two different Italian wines of protected production and origin.
- We finish our food expedition in Trastevere with some delicious locally made gelato. By the end of this food tour around Rome, you should definitely feel satisfied , having explored the tasty delicacies, wines and local spots that are such a fundamental part of life here.
- Cost of all food and wine
- Expert tour guide
- Small group (maximum 12)
what's not included
- Pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
We will depart on our 4-hour walking tour from the most vibrant and dynamic square in Rome- Campo de’ Fiori in front of the restaurant La Carbonara. Please arrive 25 minutes before the start of your tour to check-in with a member of our staff.
Please note – the meeting point is outside of our office. And for security reasons, we are not able to store any personal belongings at our office - so please plan accordingly.
Our tour finishes in Trastevere – a neighborhood popular for its bohemian quarter, occupied by artists, authors and lovers of Roman nightlife.
Please let us know in advance if you have any food allergies or food dislikes!
If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc.), please contact us in advance. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Private tours are available to meet these needs, on request.
Free cancellation if you call within 48 hours of your tour.